Introduction to the
The BiblioPlan Companion is a textbook and an enrichment supplement that is designed to excite student interest and bring history to life. Each of BiblioPlan's four Companions is written from a Christian worldview, and weaves God’s Word and the growth of His church into the historical record.
There is one Companion for each of BiblioPlan’s four years of study. Each Companion is divided into 34 chapters that correspond with BiblioPlan’s 34-week Family Guides, Cool History assignment sheets, Hands-On Map assignment sheets and other supplements.
The Companion enhances each week’s lesson by providing fun facts and concise, detailed summaries to enrich your class or study time. By interweaving World history, United States history, Church history and Bible lessons, the Companion helps you and your students see the connections and themes that reappear throughout humanity’s story.
BiblioPlan Companion, Year 1
BiblioPlan Companion, Year 2
BiblioPlan Companion, Year 3
BiblioPlan Companion, Year 4
A Companion for All Ages:
BiblioPlan calls its textbook the Companion because the book is a friend to all parents and teachers, no matter what their students' ages. Homeschooling parents who have more than one child often face the difficult problem of teaching different eras of history to several different children at once. BiblioPlan solves this problem by allowing children of all ages to work out of the same textbook-- with help from their parents and teachers. Students of different ages will read the Companion in different ways:
- Grades K-2 (Littles): Two of BiblioPlan's supplements, the Cool History for Littles and the Teacher's Guide, identify the sections of the Companion that are appropriate for parents and teachers to read to their youngest students each week.
- Grades 2-6 (Middles): Parents and teachers may use their discretion to decide which sections of the Companion their middles students should read each week. Some students at this age may want to read only the sections that look exciting to them; while others may want to devour the entire text.
- Grades 6-12 (Upper Middles and Advanced): Most older students may read the entire Companion independently.
Students of all ages may supplement their Companion readings with age-appropriate readings from the other texts that BiblioPlan recommends, such as The Story of the World, The Mystery of History, The History of US and others. They may also supplement their Companion readings with BiblioPlan's age-appropriate history and literature selections. BiblioPlan has outlined all of these supplemental readings carefully in both the Family Guide and the Teacher's Guide.
Why should you buy a BiblioPlan Companion?
- Because the Companion helps you teach the same era of history to children of different ages at the same time.
- Because the Companion brings all of your weekly readings together and summarizes what your students should learn each week.
- Because the Companion adds Bible teaching and a Christian worldview to your history lessons.
- Because the Companion enriches your lesson time with fun, interesting facts that you can share to liven up your lessons.
BACK TO TOP
CLICK the images below to purchase products from each of BiblioPlan's four Years of study: